51 - A Chromebook for a resident of The Greens Drug & alcohol-free support service - July 2021

You may remember earlier this year we donated towards the redevelopment of the garden at The Greens - a Sheffield-based accommodation and drug and alcohol-free support service that helps people to re-build their independence and move on.  


One of our members, who works at The Greens, has nominated a particular resident for our 51st donation, asking if we would give £229 for a Chromebook.


She told us: ‘we would not apply to buy everyone a Chromebook but this resident has shown such commitment to his recovery since coming here and we know actually how much this will transform his life.  He loves reading about history and we know this will help him immensely to do something he is passionate about.’


We felt this was a nomination we really wanted to follow up, knowing that this resident will be supported at The Greens to make the most of his laptop and it could make a big difference to his recovery.


The resident himself has sent us this lovely message of thanks, which conveys what a difference your donation has made:


This will be a  great help to me in my recovery at The Greens. Prior to coming here I was completely isolated. I had no idea what was going on in the world and I could not sort out any of my issues since everything required use of a phone and online access. With this device I will be able to get that access. I can renew acquaintances with lost friends by email and see what is available in work, training and education. I will be connected with the world and it will really transform things for me. Many thanks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

39 - Support for victims & survivors of Domestic Abuse - Rehouse to Rehome - February 2021

5. Goldigger Trust - helping young people develop positive self esteem - Jan 2020

118 - Helping SWWOP set up a 'flexi-pot' to allow them to support women in emergency situations.